Sep 5, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Brown told Zolecki that he won’t be back in the lineup for “at least a week” and it sounds like his returning this season could be in some doubt.
Brown has been one of the few bright spots for the Phillies this season, as the former top prospect established himself as a long-term building block after initially struggling in the majors. He’s hit .274 with 27 homers and an .833 OPS in 123 games at age 25, making his first All-Star team and ranking third among NL hitters in homers.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)