Sep 5, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Brown told Zolecki that he won’t be back in the lineup for “at least a week” and it sounds like his returning this season could be in some doubt.
Brown has been one of the few bright spots for the Phillies this season, as the former top prospect established himself as a long-term building block after initially struggling in the majors. He’s hit .274 with 27 homers and an .833 OPS in 123 games at age 25, making his first All-Star team and ranking third among NL hitters in homers.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)