Sep 5, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Brown told Zolecki that he won’t be back in the lineup for “at least a week” and it sounds like his returning this season could be in some doubt.
Brown has been one of the few bright spots for the Phillies this season, as the former top prospect established himself as a long-term building block after initially struggling in the majors. He’s hit .274 with 27 homers and an .833 OPS in 123 games at age 25, making his first All-Star team and ranking third among NL hitters in homers.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (88)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)