Sep 5, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Brown told Zolecki that he won’t be back in the lineup for “at least a week” and it sounds like his returning this season could be in some doubt.
Brown has been one of the few bright spots for the Phillies this season, as the former top prospect established himself as a long-term building block after initially struggling in the majors. He’s hit .274 with 27 homers and an .833 OPS in 123 games at age 25, making his first All-Star team and ranking third among NL hitters in homers.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Yasiel Puig does all of the Yasiel Puig things in the same inning 91
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)