Sep 5, 2013, 7:27 PM EDT
Joe Mauer admitted Thursday that he’s still experiencing concussion symptoms during workouts, leaving him without a timetable for a return to the Twins lineup.
Mauer ramped up his workouts in recent days, taking batting practice and lifting weights, but that’s when the symptoms returned, he told the Star-Tribune’s LaVelle E. Neal III.
Given that the Twins have so little to gain by bringing Mauer back, the possibility exists that he won’t return this season, and even if he does make it back, he probably won’t do any catching. According to Neal, Mauer remains determined to play in 2013.
Mauer was hitting .324/.404/.476 when he suffered his concussion in a game against the Mets on Aug. 19.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)