Sep 5, 2013, 7:27 PM EST
Joe Mauer admitted Thursday that he’s still experiencing concussion symptoms during workouts, leaving him without a timetable for a return to the Twins lineup.
Mauer ramped up his workouts in recent days, taking batting practice and lifting weights, but that’s when the symptoms returned, he told the Star-Tribune’s LaVelle E. Neal III.
Given that the Twins have so little to gain by bringing Mauer back, the possibility exists that he won’t return this season, and even if he does make it back, he probably won’t do any catching. According to Neal, Mauer remains determined to play in 2013.
Mauer was hitting .324/.404/.476 when he suffered his concussion in a game against the Mets on Aug. 19.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 6
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 11
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)