Sep 5, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Orioles right-hander Jason Hammel is back from the disabled list after missing the past six weeks with a strained forearm, although manager Buck Showalter hasn’t said for sure yet how he plans to use him.
Hammel was one of the Orioles’ best starters last season, throwing 118 innings with a 3.43 ERA and 113/42 K/BB ratio, but he posted a 5.20 ERA in 21 starts this year before being shut down in late July.
He threw a combined 6.2 innings of one-run ball in two appearances in the minors to convince the Orioles he’s ready, but may not be fully stretched out to make a normal start quite yet.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)