Sep 5, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Orioles right-hander Jason Hammel is back from the disabled list after missing the past six weeks with a strained forearm, although manager Buck Showalter hasn’t said for sure yet how he plans to use him.
Hammel was one of the Orioles’ best starters last season, throwing 118 innings with a 3.43 ERA and 113/42 K/BB ratio, but he posted a 5.20 ERA in 21 starts this year before being shut down in late July.
He threw a combined 6.2 innings of one-run ball in two appearances in the minors to convince the Orioles he’s ready, but may not be fully stretched out to make a normal start quite yet.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 65
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 120
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)