Sep 5, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Salvador Perez took a hard foul ball off his mask in the top of the fifth of today’s Royals-Mariners game. He stayed in for a while and even hit an RBI single in the bottom of the innings, but then he was removed.
Perez suffered a concussion earlier this summer, returning less than a month ago, so this is likely a better-safe-than-sorry move.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)