Sep 6, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
We’re not going to tell the story here: head on over to CSNBayArea.com for Andrew Baggarly’s feature on Johnny Monell Jr., who was just called up by the Giants, and Johnny Monell Sr., who played professional baseball for 17 years without ever reaching the majors.
If you need more incentive, there’s a Hector Villanueva segment. Just go read it already.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with apparent elbow injury 0
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 11
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)