Sep 6, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
We’re not going to tell the story here: head on over to CSNBayArea.com for Andrew Baggarly’s feature on Johnny Monell Jr., who was just called up by the Giants, and Johnny Monell Sr., who played professional baseball for 17 years without ever reaching the majors.
If you need more incentive, there’s a Hector Villanueva segment. Just go read it already.
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 3
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)