Sep 6, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Johnny Cueto had a 3.33 ERA, 1.07 WHIP and 41/14 K/BB ratio through 48 and two-thirds innings this season, but he’s been sidelined since June 28 with a strained lat muscle. He threw a bullpen session the other day which was described as “impressive” and looks poised to rejoin the Reds soon.
But he may do it as a reliever, speculates C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer. If he did he could do what Tim Lincecum did for last year’s Giants team in providing a solid and potentially dominant long man which would give his manager an option if one of his starters had a bad go of it.
I’d be curious to see if Dusty Baker would be willing to think outside of the box like that.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)