Sep 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Reds third base coach Mark Berry rejoined the team in July after sitting out the first three months of the season while undergoing treatment for throat cancer and now he’s cancer-free.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Berry went through a series of tests Wednesday to determine if the treatment had worked and according to Berry “the first thing they said was the scans came out really clean, really nice.”
He’ll need to get checked every few months for a while, but right now it’s Berry 1, cancer 0.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)