Sep 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Reds third base coach Mark Berry rejoined the team in July after sitting out the first three months of the season while undergoing treatment for throat cancer and now he’s cancer-free.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Berry went through a series of tests Wednesday to determine if the treatment had worked and according to Berry “the first thing they said was the scans came out really clean, really nice.”
He’ll need to get checked every few months for a while, but right now it’s Berry 1, cancer 0.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27