Sep 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Reds third base coach Mark Berry rejoined the team in July after sitting out the first three months of the season while undergoing treatment for throat cancer and now he’s cancer-free.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Berry went through a series of tests Wednesday to determine if the treatment had worked and according to Berry “the first thing they said was the scans came out really clean, really nice.”
He’ll need to get checked every few months for a while, but right now it’s Berry 1, cancer 0.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 91
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 27
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)