Sep 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Reds third base coach Mark Berry rejoined the team in July after sitting out the first three months of the season while undergoing treatment for throat cancer and now he’s cancer-free.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Berry went through a series of tests Wednesday to determine if the treatment had worked and according to Berry “the first thing they said was the scans came out really clean, really nice.”
He’ll need to get checked every few months for a while, but right now it’s Berry 1, cancer 0.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)