Sep 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Reds third base coach Mark Berry rejoined the team in July after sitting out the first three months of the season while undergoing treatment for throat cancer and now he’s cancer-free.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Berry went through a series of tests Wednesday to determine if the treatment had worked and according to Berry “the first thing they said was the scans came out really clean, really nice.”
He’ll need to get checked every few months for a while, but right now it’s Berry 1, cancer 0.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)