Sep 6, 2013, 2:22 AM EDT
Sure, it’s PR through and through, but it’s also kind of neat.
Ryan Braun, currently serving a 65-game suspension from MLB for his performance-enhancing drug usage, is calling Brewers season-ticket holders to apologize for his transgressions.
CBS 58 in Milwaukee reached out to one of the ticket holders, Pat Guenther, and got some quotes from the bar owner.
“I said what can I do for you? He said, I messed up, in a nutshell, I messed up,” Guenther told CBS 58. “I just want to reach out and say I’m sorry. I cut him off right there. I said you know Ryan, I think you’re an amazing athlete and this speaks volumes to your character to reach out to a small business owner like myself and let us know that you are going to do better.”
Considering that the Brewers didn’t reach out and let the ticket owners know this was happening, one can’t help but wonder how many times Braun got hung up on by some fan figuring it was some sort of prank. Guenther said he knew it was really Braun based on his TV interviews.
This all seems like a better step forward for Braun than the statement he released last month. He hasn’t held any news conferences or done any interviews since his suspension was announced. He apologized in his release, but he needs to put himself out there if he intends to win back his fans.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)