Sep 6, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
It’ll be Baker’s first game action in the majors since 2011, as he missed all of last season and nearly all of this season following Tommy John elbow surgery.
He wasn’t very effective while rehabbing in the minors, posting a 5.46 ERA and 16/10 K/BB ratio in 30 innings while allowing opponents to hit .297 and reports of Baker’s velocity had him working mostly in the mid-80s. In other words, it might get ugly Sunday.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)