Sep 6, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
It’ll be Baker’s first game action in the majors since 2011, as he missed all of last season and nearly all of this season following Tommy John elbow surgery.
He wasn’t very effective while rehabbing in the minors, posting a 5.46 ERA and 16/10 K/BB ratio in 30 innings while allowing opponents to hit .297 and reports of Baker’s velocity had him working mostly in the mid-80s. In other words, it might get ugly Sunday.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 53
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 90
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (90)