Tweet of the Day: Andrew McCutchen, man of the people

Sep 6, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT

Andrew McCutchen might be the MVP of the National League and he’s definitely the best player on the team with the fourth-best record in baseball, but this still happens to him:

In fairness, this dude Hutchinson is having a helluva year too.

1. decimusprime - Sep 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM

The days of anonymity for the Pirates is over. Funny story. Better get used to being recognized HUTCH.

2. sophiethegreatdane - Sep 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Reminds me of the story Johnny Unitas used to tell about being mistaken for Brooks Robinson. Guy was convinced that Johnny U was Brooksie, and when Johnny finally showed the guy his driver’s license, the guy he looked at it, shrugged, apologized, and walked away.

3. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Sep 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM

In fairness, seeing some players without their caps can be disorienting. Even guys I watch almost every day. I get the same thing sometimes hearing them speak. For some reason, in my head, Mariano always has a British accent. When I hear him speak in interviews, it is jarring.

McCutchen should watch the Matt Harvey skit from Fallon though.

4. swmocardsfan - Sep 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

As a Cards fan, I have tried to find someone this season to “dislike” if you will on the Pirates…and I still can’t find anyone, especially McCutchen. We very easily could be seeing the NL Central crown heading to Pittsburgh and I hate that I can’t hate the Pirates.

5. apkyletexas - Sep 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Andrew McCutchen is one of the funniest dudes in baseball today.

If you’ve never seen his Eddie Murphy impression, you need to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMR0jsxc3nA

His Cleveland impression from Family Guy is spot on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKUtwHg_qKY

He’s got an amazing Tom Cruise repertoire (“Show Me the MONEY!!!!”, “I Love Black PEOPLE!!!”, “I Want the TRUTH!!!!”): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuuRSCIyqkQ

He even does batting stance impressions (Pujols, Prince Fielder, Barry Bonds, Roberto Clemente, etc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgf0h7u1AT4

• ilovekneegrows - Sep 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM

You could at least credit E60 with revealing all of that to you…

6. km9000 - Sep 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM

It must be worst for NBA guys, because I’m sure no one’s ever said “That big 7-foot guy over there looks like Shaquille O’Neal, but it couldn’t possibly him!”

McCutchen seems very cool, but Baseball Tonight has run the same feature on him like four times since the All-Star break, and I can’t think of anyone else’s that they’ve even run once.

7. jpash42 - Sep 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM

People from Pittsburgh and Western Pa in general aren’t very bright.

• ilovekneegrows - Sep 7, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Seeing as how they were in Milwaukee on Wednesday and St. Louis on Friday, I’d say you’re not very bright either, dumbass.

• sfbookreviews - Sep 7, 2013 at 4:29 AM

You’re right. Carnegie? An imbecile. H.J. Heinz? Dumb as a rock. America’s 39th richest man, Henry Hillman, worth 3 billion dollars? Just plain lucky. Only idiots and morons graduate from CMU. I could sit here all day listing the stupid people of the area.

At least I now know of one person outside of PIttsburgh who is a generalizing simpleton. So thanks for that.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5346)