Wanna buy Brandon Webb’s house?

Sep 6, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT

Brandon Webb House

This one is sad because it reminds us that Brandon Webb was great and then he hurt his shoulder and then he disappeared and that’s a total bummer.  But at least he pitched well enough and long enough to afford a pretty sweet house (if you’re into the Scottsdale-style architecture anyway):

Webb’s property is your standard desert dwelling, Tuscan style with a beige color palette and stone façade. Built in 2004, the energy-efficient house offers a total of six bedrooms, six bathrooms and nearly 6,500 square feet. Interior highlights include custom hardwood cabinetry, granite countertops and a palatial master with a jetted spa. It also sports a finished basement with guest quarters, a climate-controlled wine cellar and wet bar, and a movie theater. Outside, Webb’s backyard rounds out with a pool and spa setup that has both a waterfall and a water slide.

Go through the pics and check out the baby’s room. Baseball stitching wallpaper that I’m totally getting for the den in my fortified compound.

1. seeinred87 - Sep 6, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I’m not really into architecture per se, but I always enjoy these posts.

2. josemartez - Sep 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I’d love a movie theatre in my house, but would definitely leave the faux popcorn and movie reels out of the decorum.

3. baseballici0us - Sep 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Craig, is there a “celebrity house for sale” website you subscribe to or something like that? :-)

4. pinkfloydprism - Sep 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM

It is fun to see housing that most of us will never be able to afford. Every time I see these posts, I find it hard to believe that people actually live in places like this.

• josemartez - Sep 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Yeah, I feel the same way. “Well, I can afford six bathrooms, so I might as well get six bathrooms. I’ll also slather everything in granite.”

• tfbuckfutter - Sep 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Or nine living room furniture sets scattered throughout the house, all facing TVs.

How many TV rooms do you need?

5. papalurchdxb - Sep 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM

and it’s actually lived in, not one of these ‘styled for sale’ places – real-life things on shelves & boxes of crap in the dining room – so I guess he’s a bit like us normal folk?

6. tfbuckfutter - Sep 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Did I just miss it, or is the asking price not noted anywhere?

• tmohr - Sep 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM

It’s listed at $1.595M after he bought it for $1.75M in 2005. Shows you how the market has collapsed.

Not my cup of tea, but that’s a lot more house than you can get here in suburban Chicago for that price.

7. APBA Guy - Sep 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Yep, love these posts. I especially like how they come from all over the country, so you can see how the players live(d) in different regions.

My favorite is still Zito’s place in Marin.

• josemartez - Sep 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Craig did a post on Joe Morgan’s house a while back, but the link is no longer working so I’m guessing it was sold. That place was a train wreck, depending on how you looked at it.

• tfbuckfutter - Sep 6, 2013 at 1:58 PM

No matter how hard you scrubbed that place, you just couldn’t get rid of all the grit.

8. hildezero - Sep 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM

“(if you’re into the Scottsdale-style architecture anyway)”

Just to clear things up here. This mansion is not really a “Scottsdale-style architecture”. A lot of houses in the valley actually look like this, especially the new ones. It doesn’t matter if it’s a six bed/six bath or three bed/two bath. This type of architecture is pretty normal in Arizona.

9. historiophiliac - Sep 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I was going to say the kitchen here is laid out better than the last house, but then I saw that the microwave is on the wall next to the fridge, nowhere near a counter, and far from the stove or utensils and things — so no, this kitchen needs help too. Booo!

Also, what’s with the pasty house color. I hate that so many houses in the southwest are painted beige. You could go a little more exciting. Yuck.

10. hildezero - Sep 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Beige IS exciting. Besides, it matches the southwest theme, knucklehead.

• historiophiliac - Sep 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Beige is definite NOT exciting and other colors match the theme too, bonehead.

Managers get easier path to Cooperstown
  1. H. Street (3502)