Sep 6, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
This one is sad because it reminds us that Brandon Webb was great and then he hurt his shoulder and then he disappeared and that’s a total bummer. But at least he pitched well enough and long enough to afford a pretty sweet house (if you’re into the Scottsdale-style architecture anyway):
Webb’s property is your standard desert dwelling, Tuscan style with a beige color palette and stone façade. Built in 2004, the energy-efficient house offers a total of six bedrooms, six bathrooms and nearly 6,500 square feet. Interior highlights include custom hardwood cabinetry, granite countertops and a palatial master with a jetted spa. It also sports a finished basement with guest quarters, a climate-controlled wine cellar and wet bar, and a movie theater. Outside, Webb’s backyard rounds out with a pool and spa setup that has both a waterfall and a water slide.
Go through the pics and check out the baby’s room. Baseball stitching wallpaper that I’m totally getting for the den in my fortified compound.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)