Sep 7, 2013, 1:26 PM EST
UPDATE: This is not good. From ESPN Boston:
An industry source said Saturday that doctors are trying to determine whether Ellsbury has a deep bone bruise or fracture in his right foot,
Either one of those is really hard to come back from in short order. If it’s a fracture Ellsbury could be done for the year. If it’s bruise, it could easily mean the same thing depending on how severe it is and bow much it limits him. Man, this could be bad.
10:45 AM: Things are coming up roses for the Red Sox lately, but this is somewhat concerning: he is returning to Boston to get his injured foot checked out. Ellsbury sat out last night and obviously will miss today’s game too. Whether he makes it for Sunday’s game depends on what the doctors find, obviously.
Ellsbury leads baseball with 52 stolen bases on the year and his .355 OBP at the top of the Sox’ lineup has been a huge part of them building their division lead. He’s been especially hot of late. For now, though, the Sox have called up Jackie Bradley, Jr. to take Ellsbury’s spot in center.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 100
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)