Sep 7, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
UPDATE: This is not good. From ESPN Boston:
An industry source said Saturday that doctors are trying to determine whether Ellsbury has a deep bone bruise or fracture in his right foot,
Either one of those is really hard to come back from in short order. If it’s a fracture Ellsbury could be done for the year. If it’s bruise, it could easily mean the same thing depending on how severe it is and bow much it limits him. Man, this could be bad.
10:45 AM: Things are coming up roses for the Red Sox lately, but this is somewhat concerning: he is returning to Boston to get his injured foot checked out. Ellsbury sat out last night and obviously will miss today’s game too. Whether he makes it for Sunday’s game depends on what the doctors find, obviously.
Ellsbury leads baseball with 52 stolen bases on the year and his .355 OBP at the top of the Sox’ lineup has been a huge part of them building their division lead. He’s been especially hot of late. For now, though, the Sox have called up Jackie Bradley, Jr. to take Ellsbury’s spot in center.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)