Sep 7, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
The Braves are in Philadelphia for the last time this season, which means they were running out of time to “take care of” the Phillie Phanatic. While the team was stretching at Citizens Bank Park prior to tonight’s 7:05 start, Braves outfielder Justin Upton and third baseman Chris Johnson teamed up for some shenanigans. Johnson surreptitiously crept behind the Phanatic and hunched over, then Upton pushed the Phanatic into Johnson, tipping him over embarrassingly.
This is mascot abuse and it will not be tolerated. I, for one, think the Braves should be banned from the playoffs. What say you, Craig?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)