Sep 7, 2013, 9:55 PM EST
The Braves are in Philadelphia for the last time this season, which means they were running out of time to “take care of” the Phillie Phanatic. While the team was stretching at Citizens Bank Park prior to tonight’s 7:05 start, Braves outfielder Justin Upton and third baseman Chris Johnson teamed up for some shenanigans. Johnson surreptitiously crept behind the Phanatic and hunched over, then Upton pushed the Phanatic into Johnson, tipping him over embarrassingly.
This is mascot abuse and it will not be tolerated. I, for one, think the Braves should be banned from the playoffs. What say you, Craig?
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 9
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)