Sep 7, 2013, 9:55 PM EST
The Braves are in Philadelphia for the last time this season, which means they were running out of time to “take care of” the Phillie Phanatic. While the team was stretching at Citizens Bank Park prior to tonight’s 7:05 start, Braves outfielder Justin Upton and third baseman Chris Johnson teamed up for some shenanigans. Johnson surreptitiously crept behind the Phanatic and hunched over, then Upton pushed the Phanatic into Johnson, tipping him over embarrassingly.
This is mascot abuse and it will not be tolerated. I, for one, think the Braves should be banned from the playoffs. What say you, Craig?
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)