Sep 7, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
To Swisher’s credit, he has had a good couple of days against the Mets. He hit a grand slam yesterday against lefty reliever Tim Byrdak, then swatted a two-run homer in the second inning today against starter Jon Niese. Overall this season, he hasn’t quite been the Swisher we have come to know and accept, as his OPS was down to .733 entering today’s game. But he’s been worth the $11 million they will have paid him over the entirety of the season, the first year of a four-year, $56 million contract signed last December.
The Indians’ 9-4 victory today over the Mets, paired with the Tigers’ 4-3 loss to the Royals, moves them 5.5 games out of first place. Winners of four in a row, Swisher and the Tribe will go for the series sweep tomorrow afternoon.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)