Sep 7, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos will likely require surgery to insert a pin into his broken wrist, reports Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times. Bourjos was hit by a Jordan Lyles pitch on June 29 and immediately went on the DL. He returned on August 16, but in the 15 games in which he has played since, the 26-year-old hit .109 with 15 strikeouts in 49 trips to the plate.
DiGiovanna suggests the Angels could still use Bourjos as a pinch-runner in their final 22 games but they won’t let him swing the bat.
Prior to the injury, Bourjos was having a great season in between various injuries, posting an .849 OPS with four stolen bases in 196 plate appearances while playing great defense in center field.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)