Sep 7, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos will likely require surgery to insert a pin into his broken wrist, reports Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times. Bourjos was hit by a Jordan Lyles pitch on June 29 and immediately went on the DL. He returned on August 16, but in the 15 games in which he has played since, the 26-year-old hit .109 with 15 strikeouts in 49 trips to the plate.
DiGiovanna suggests the Angels could still use Bourjos as a pinch-runner in their final 22 games but they won’t let him swing the bat.
Prior to the injury, Bourjos was having a great season in between various injuries, posting an .849 OPS with four stolen bases in 196 plate appearances while playing great defense in center field.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 2
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)