Sep 7, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos will likely require surgery to insert a pin into his broken wrist, reports Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times. Bourjos was hit by a Jordan Lyles pitch on June 29 and immediately went on the DL. He returned on August 16, but in the 15 games in which he has played since, the 26-year-old hit .109 with 15 strikeouts in 49 trips to the plate.
DiGiovanna suggests the Angels could still use Bourjos as a pinch-runner in their final 22 games but they won’t let him swing the bat.
Prior to the injury, Bourjos was having a great season in between various injuries, posting an .849 OPS with four stolen bases in 196 plate appearances while playing great defense in center field.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)