Sep 7, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos will likely require surgery to insert a pin into his broken wrist, reports Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times. Bourjos was hit by a Jordan Lyles pitch on June 29 and immediately went on the DL. He returned on August 16, but in the 15 games in which he has played since, the 26-year-old hit .109 with 15 strikeouts in 49 trips to the plate.
DiGiovanna suggests the Angels could still use Bourjos as a pinch-runner in their final 22 games but they won’t let him swing the bat.
Prior to the injury, Bourjos was having a great season in between various injuries, posting an .849 OPS with four stolen bases in 196 plate appearances while playing great defense in center field.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)