Sep 7, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos will likely require surgery to insert a pin into his broken wrist, reports Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times. Bourjos was hit by a Jordan Lyles pitch on June 29 and immediately went on the DL. He returned on August 16, but in the 15 games in which he has played since, the 26-year-old hit .109 with 15 strikeouts in 49 trips to the plate.
DiGiovanna suggests the Angels could still use Bourjos as a pinch-runner in their final 22 games but they won’t let him swing the bat.
Prior to the injury, Bourjos was having a great season in between various injuries, posting an .849 OPS with four stolen bases in 196 plate appearances while playing great defense in center field.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)