Sep 7, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
The Yankees have scored 25 runs the last three days, with no victories to show for it.
That’s because the Red Sox bashed their way to another win Saturday, hitting four homers in a 13-9 game. They’ve scored 34 runs so far in the series and 54 in their last four games.
The 34 runs is the most scored in three straight days by a single visiting team in the history of Yankee Stadiums, according to The Associated Press. The last time a team scored more against the “Yankees” in New York was in 1912, when the Red Sox played the Highlanders at Hilltop Park.
Mike Napoli, who had a streak of nine straight plate appearances reaching base snapped when he lined out to short in the third, hit two of the homers today. Jonny Gomes also went deep, and young Xander Bogaerts hit the first of his career.
It was another brutal day for the Yankees. Derek Jeter joined relievers David Robertson and Boone Logan as the third player to get hurt in the series. He left the game in the sixth inning with soreness around his surgically repaired left ankle.
The Red Sox totaled 10 runs for the 17th time this season, which is tied with the Cardinals and Tigers for the most in baseball. They lead the majors with 754 runs scored, 31 more than Detroit.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)