Sep 8, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
It has been a forgettable weekend for the Pirates.
They lost to the Cardinals by a score of 12-8 on Friday night, 5-0 on Saturday night and are trailing again in Sunday’s series finale at Busch Stadium in downtown St. Louis. Charlie Morton made the start Sunday but left with two outs in the second inning due to what is being termed as left foot discomfort.
Morton allowed five earned runs on six hits and two walks before exiting. He had a 1.74 ERA over his last six starts entering the crucial outing against the first-place Cards but looked completely overmatched.
The Pirates haven’t won a game since securing their first .500 season since 1992.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)