Sep 8, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
It has been a forgettable weekend for the Pirates.
They lost to the Cardinals by a score of 12-8 on Friday night, 5-0 on Saturday night and are trailing again in Sunday’s series finale at Busch Stadium in downtown St. Louis. Charlie Morton made the start Sunday but left with two outs in the second inning due to what is being termed as left foot discomfort.
Morton allowed five earned runs on six hits and two walks before exiting. He had a 1.74 ERA over his last six starts entering the crucial outing against the first-place Cards but looked completely overmatched.
The Pirates haven’t won a game since securing their first .500 season since 1992.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 94
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (100)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)