Sep 8, 2013, 8:58 AM EST
There is a mere 1.5-game separation between the three teams at the top of the NL Central standings.
Reds speedster Billy Hamilton was at it again on Saturday afternoon, entering as a pinch-runner in the bottom of the 10th inning and scoring the game-winning run as Cincinnati downed the Dodgers 4-3. Hamilton stole his fourth base in four chances to put himself in scoring position and crossed the plate for the third time as a major leaguer. He has yet to take an at-bat but has already been a difference-maker.
In St. Louis, the Cardinals happily welcomed the return of the real Adam Wainwright, who fought past his recent struggles and delivered seven shutout innings against the Pirates in an eventual 5-0 victory.
The win vaulted the Cards ahead of the Bucs for first place in the division.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
White Sox 3, Orioles 4 (10 innings)
Dodgers 3, Reds 4 (10 innings)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 104
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 32
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 259
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (259)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (106)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)