Sep 9, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
A lot of guys hit two homers in a game. Happens a couple of times a week, more or less. But Jay Bruce doing it last night was a bit more notable: his bombs were the first and second homers hit by a left-hander off Clayton Kershaw all season long.
Kershaw may normally be murder on lefties, but Bruce is no mere lefty. Despite starting the season in a prolonged slump — and despite getting sensitive about it at times — Bruce is sitting at 268/.330/.496 with 29 homers and 93 RBI on the season. Not too shabby.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)