Sep 9, 2013, 8:53 AM EST
A lot of guys hit two homers in a game. Happens a couple of times a week, more or less. But Jay Bruce doing it last night was a bit more notable: his bombs were the first and second homers hit by a left-hander off Clayton Kershaw all season long.
Kershaw may normally be murder on lefties, but Bruce is no mere lefty. Despite starting the season in a prolonged slump — and despite getting sensitive about it at times — Bruce is sitting at 268/.330/.496 with 29 homers and 93 RBI on the season. Not too shabby.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)