Sep 9, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
A lot of guys hit two homers in a game. Happens a couple of times a week, more or less. But Jay Bruce doing it last night was a bit more notable: his bombs were the first and second homers hit by a left-hander off Clayton Kershaw all season long.
Kershaw may normally be murder on lefties, but Bruce is no mere lefty. Despite starting the season in a prolonged slump — and despite getting sensitive about it at times — Bruce is sitting at 268/.330/.496 with 29 homers and 93 RBI on the season. Not too shabby.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)