Sep 9, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Yankees manager Joe Girardi has moved Alex Rodriguez to the second spot in the lineup tonight, in between leadoff man Brett Gardner and No. 3 hitter Robinson Cano. Last time Rodriguez hit second in a big-league game? August 26, 2006.
Back then Rodriguez was 30 years old and in his third season with the Yankees, winning MVP honors the previous season and the next season. He went 0-for-5 with three strikeouts and didn’t bat second again until now.
For his career Rodriguez has batted second 497 times, hitting a combined .320 with 118 homers and a .948 OPS that basically matches his career mark of .943.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)