Sep 9, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
No structural damage was found in the hip, but the doc did think it best he take a couple of games off to try to get rid of the inflammation present.
“He’s been playing with it off and on for the last week,” manager Davey Johnson said. “They were treating it last week as a sprain. A sprain, you just give it ultrasound and massage and hopefully you get by it. So this may be even better that we know it’s inflammation. They can correct that with medication. So it might be perfect.”
Harper has played in just one game in the last six days because of the condition, going 0-for-2 with a walk on Friday. Tyler Moore is starting in left field in his place tonight against the Mets.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39