Sep 9, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
No structural damage was found in the hip, but the doc did think it best he take a couple of games off to try to get rid of the inflammation present.
“He’s been playing with it off and on for the last week,” manager Davey Johnson said. “They were treating it last week as a sprain. A sprain, you just give it ultrasound and massage and hopefully you get by it. So this may be even better that we know it’s inflammation. They can correct that with medication. So it might be perfect.”
Harper has played in just one game in the last six days because of the condition, going 0-for-2 with a walk on Friday. Tyler Moore is starting in left field in his place tonight against the Mets.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)