Sep 9, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Why? Because he’s a baseball player and they want to play, even if it makes little tactical sense. But nevertheless:
David Wright believes there’s enough time to return this season. “I don’t think the clock is going to run out,” he said.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) September 9, 2013
Hamstrings can be a big pain, subject to re-aggravation and compensation injuries elsewhere if they’re not 100%. It sure would be unfortunate if Wright’s offseason workout schedule was compromised due to an injury in some meaningless game in the last two weeks of the season. But I suppose that’s between him, his doctor and his hamstring.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)