Sep 9, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
If he does so, he’ll be the first Giant to start every game in a season since shortstop Alvin Dark in 1954.
Pence has been in right field for all 143 Giants games this season and hit .287/.339/.468 with 19 homers, 73 RBI and 21 steals. Barring something unexpected, this will be his sixth straight season of at least 154 games played. He’s been on the DL just once as a major leaguer, that coming as a rookie in 2007 when he suffered a fracture in his wrist while sliding into second base.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 32
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)