Sep 9, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
If he does so, he’ll be the first Giant to start every game in a season since shortstop Alvin Dark in 1954.
Pence has been in right field for all 143 Giants games this season and hit .287/.339/.468 with 19 homers, 73 RBI and 21 steals. Barring something unexpected, this will be his sixth straight season of at least 154 games played. He’s been on the DL just once as a major leaguer, that coming as a rookie in 2007 when he suffered a fracture in his wrist while sliding into second base.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 12
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)