Sep 9, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
If he does so, he’ll be the first Giant to start every game in a season since shortstop Alvin Dark in 1954.
Pence has been in right field for all 143 Giants games this season and hit .287/.339/.468 with 19 homers, 73 RBI and 21 steals. Barring something unexpected, this will be his sixth straight season of at least 154 games played. He’s been on the DL just once as a major leaguer, that coming as a rookie in 2007 when he suffered a fracture in his wrist while sliding into second base.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)