Sep 9, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
If he does so, he’ll be the first Giant to start every game in a season since shortstop Alvin Dark in 1954.
Pence has been in right field for all 143 Giants games this season and hit .287/.339/.468 with 19 homers, 73 RBI and 21 steals. Barring something unexpected, this will be his sixth straight season of at least 154 games played. He’s been on the DL just once as a major leaguer, that coming as a rookie in 2007 when he suffered a fracture in his wrist while sliding into second base.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)