Sep 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
As expected, the Angels announced that center fielder Peter Bourjos will miss the remainder of the season following wrist surgery.
Bourjos fractured his wrist on June 29 when he was hit by a pitch and spent nearly two months on the disabled list. He returned in mid-August, but went just 5-for-46 (.109) in 15 games before being shut down again last week.
According to William Boor of MLB.com the recovery timetable is expected to be around eight weeks, so Bourjos will have plenty of time to get healthy for spring training. He ends the season hitting .274 with a .710 OPS in 55 games.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)