Sep 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As expected, the Angels announced that center fielder Peter Bourjos will miss the remainder of the season following wrist surgery.
Bourjos fractured his wrist on June 29 when he was hit by a pitch and spent nearly two months on the disabled list. He returned in mid-August, but went just 5-for-46 (.109) in 15 games before being shut down again last week.
According to William Boor of MLB.com the recovery timetable is expected to be around eight weeks, so Bourjos will have plenty of time to get healthy for spring training. He ends the season hitting .274 with a .710 OPS in 55 games.
- The beauty of belief 14
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 34
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 70
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)