Sep 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As expected, the Angels announced that center fielder Peter Bourjos will miss the remainder of the season following wrist surgery.
Bourjos fractured his wrist on June 29 when he was hit by a pitch and spent nearly two months on the disabled list. He returned in mid-August, but went just 5-for-46 (.109) in 15 games before being shut down again last week.
According to William Boor of MLB.com the recovery timetable is expected to be around eight weeks, so Bourjos will have plenty of time to get healthy for spring training. He ends the season hitting .274 with a .710 OPS in 55 games.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)