Sep 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As expected, the Angels announced that center fielder Peter Bourjos will miss the remainder of the season following wrist surgery.
Bourjos fractured his wrist on June 29 when he was hit by a pitch and spent nearly two months on the disabled list. He returned in mid-August, but went just 5-for-46 (.109) in 15 games before being shut down again last week.
According to William Boor of MLB.com the recovery timetable is expected to be around eight weeks, so Bourjos will have plenty of time to get healthy for spring training. He ends the season hitting .274 with a .710 OPS in 55 games.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)