Sep 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As expected, the Angels announced that center fielder Peter Bourjos will miss the remainder of the season following wrist surgery.
Bourjos fractured his wrist on June 29 when he was hit by a pitch and spent nearly two months on the disabled list. He returned in mid-August, but went just 5-for-46 (.109) in 15 games before being shut down again last week.
According to William Boor of MLB.com the recovery timetable is expected to be around eight weeks, so Bourjos will have plenty of time to get healthy for spring training. He ends the season hitting .274 with a .710 OPS in 55 games.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)