Sep 9, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
You rarely hear good PR stories about the Marlins and their management. This is one: seems the Marlins honored a couple of long-time fans:
Donna Glendenning, 66, and her 91-year old mother Eloise Card, a pair of diehard Marlins fans who have spent the last four years watching every game together on TV while talking over the phone, lived out a dream Sunday morning as special guests of the team.
They got the royal treatment. Limo ride to the stadium, meeting players, personalized jersey. The works. What did you ladies like the best?
“I got to meet Jose Fernandez,” Card said. “And that made my day. He’s such a nice young man. Jose is nothing like [Bryce] Harper and [Yasiel] Puig. They’re low class acts. He’s really top notch.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)