Sep 9, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
You rarely hear good PR stories about the Marlins and their management. This is one: seems the Marlins honored a couple of long-time fans:
Donna Glendenning, 66, and her 91-year old mother Eloise Card, a pair of diehard Marlins fans who have spent the last four years watching every game together on TV while talking over the phone, lived out a dream Sunday morning as special guests of the team.
They got the royal treatment. Limo ride to the stadium, meeting players, personalized jersey. The works. What did you ladies like the best?
“I got to meet Jose Fernandez,” Card said. “And that made my day. He’s such a nice young man. Jose is nothing like [Bryce] Harper and [Yasiel] Puig. They’re low class acts. He’s really top notch.”
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 138
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23