Sep 9, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
You rarely hear good PR stories about the Marlins and their management. This is one: seems the Marlins honored a couple of long-time fans:
Donna Glendenning, 66, and her 91-year old mother Eloise Card, a pair of diehard Marlins fans who have spent the last four years watching every game together on TV while talking over the phone, lived out a dream Sunday morning as special guests of the team.
They got the royal treatment. Limo ride to the stadium, meeting players, personalized jersey. The works. What did you ladies like the best?
“I got to meet Jose Fernandez,” Card said. “And that made my day. He’s such a nice young man. Jose is nothing like [Bryce] Harper and [Yasiel] Puig. They’re low class acts. He’s really top notch.”
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)