Sep 10, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday afternoon after missing the past two-plus weeks with a sprained right wrist. But he is not in the Oakland starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Twins and probably won’t be ready for full-time action until sometime later this month.
Here is Susan Slusser, the lead Athletics beat writer at the San Francisco Chronicle:
Reddick told me that he has zero pain in his right wrist – it feels much as it did last time he came off the DL. He has yet to take any batting practice since getting that cortisone shot last month but he will today; that should determine if he is able to pinch hit or play defense tonight. Coming off the DL, in September, doesn’t necessarily mean what it does the rest of the season – there’s no reason not to put a guy back on a roster if he’s eligible to come off because of the expanded roster. If nothing else, he might be able to pinch run.
Reddick had both of his wrists taped heavily before Tuesday’s game and admitted to Slusser that he “doesn’t like the feeling much.” The 26-year-old outfielder is batting .213/.297/.362 with 10 home runs and 46 RBI in 97 games this season for the A’s, who are currently two games up on the Rangers in the AL West standings.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)