Sep 10, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday afternoon after missing the past two-plus weeks with a sprained right wrist. But he is not in the Oakland starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Twins and probably won’t be ready for full-time action until sometime later this month.
Here is Susan Slusser, the lead Athletics beat writer at the San Francisco Chronicle:
Reddick told me that he has zero pain in his right wrist – it feels much as it did last time he came off the DL. He has yet to take any batting practice since getting that cortisone shot last month but he will today; that should determine if he is able to pinch hit or play defense tonight. Coming off the DL, in September, doesn’t necessarily mean what it does the rest of the season – there’s no reason not to put a guy back on a roster if he’s eligible to come off because of the expanded roster. If nothing else, he might be able to pinch run.
Reddick had both of his wrists taped heavily before Tuesday’s game and admitted to Slusser that he “doesn’t like the feeling much.” The 26-year-old outfielder is batting .213/.297/.362 with 10 home runs and 46 RBI in 97 games this season for the A’s, who are currently two games up on the Rangers in the AL West standings.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)