Sep 10, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday afternoon after missing the past two-plus weeks with a sprained right wrist. But he is not in the Oakland starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Twins and probably won’t be ready for full-time action until sometime later this month.
Here is Susan Slusser, the lead Athletics beat writer at the San Francisco Chronicle:
Reddick told me that he has zero pain in his right wrist – it feels much as it did last time he came off the DL. He has yet to take any batting practice since getting that cortisone shot last month but he will today; that should determine if he is able to pinch hit or play defense tonight. Coming off the DL, in September, doesn’t necessarily mean what it does the rest of the season – there’s no reason not to put a guy back on a roster if he’s eligible to come off because of the expanded roster. If nothing else, he might be able to pinch run.
Reddick had both of his wrists taped heavily before Tuesday’s game and admitted to Slusser that he “doesn’t like the feeling much.” The 26-year-old outfielder is batting .213/.297/.362 with 10 home runs and 46 RBI in 97 games this season for the A’s, who are currently two games up on the Rangers in the AL West standings.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)