Sep 10, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday afternoon after missing the past two-plus weeks with a sprained right wrist. But he is not in the Oakland starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Twins and probably won’t be ready for full-time action until sometime later this month.
Here is Susan Slusser, the lead Athletics beat writer at the San Francisco Chronicle:
Reddick told me that he has zero pain in his right wrist – it feels much as it did last time he came off the DL. He has yet to take any batting practice since getting that cortisone shot last month but he will today; that should determine if he is able to pinch hit or play defense tonight. Coming off the DL, in September, doesn’t necessarily mean what it does the rest of the season – there’s no reason not to put a guy back on a roster if he’s eligible to come off because of the expanded roster. If nothing else, he might be able to pinch run.
Reddick had both of his wrists taped heavily before Tuesday’s game and admitted to Slusser that he “doesn’t like the feeling much.” The 26-year-old outfielder is batting .213/.297/.362 with 10 home runs and 46 RBI in 97 games this season for the A’s, who are currently two games up on the Rangers in the AL West standings.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)