Sep 10, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
X-rays were negative, so Giancarlo Stanton is back in the Marlins’ lineup tonight after sitting out Sunday and Monday with a foot injury.
Stanton initially suffered the injury on September 1 and then aggravated it again Saturday.
He has 16 homers and a solid .838 OPS in 76 games since missing all of May and part of June with a hamstring injury, although Stanton’s overall production is down 130 points of OPS from 2012 and he’s slugging below .500 for the first time.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 10
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)