Sep 10, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
X-rays were negative, so Giancarlo Stanton is back in the Marlins’ lineup tonight after sitting out Sunday and Monday with a foot injury.
Stanton initially suffered the injury on September 1 and then aggravated it again Saturday.
He has 16 homers and a solid .838 OPS in 76 games since missing all of May and part of June with a hamstring injury, although Stanton’s overall production is down 130 points of OPS from 2012 and he’s slugging below .500 for the first time.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)