Sep 10, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
X-rays were negative, so Giancarlo Stanton is back in the Marlins’ lineup tonight after sitting out Sunday and Monday with a foot injury.
Stanton initially suffered the injury on September 1 and then aggravated it again Saturday.
He has 16 homers and a solid .838 OPS in 76 games since missing all of May and part of June with a hamstring injury, although Stanton’s overall production is down 130 points of OPS from 2012 and he’s slugging below .500 for the first time.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)