Sep 10, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
X-rays were negative, so Giancarlo Stanton is back in the Marlins’ lineup tonight after sitting out Sunday and Monday with a foot injury.
Stanton initially suffered the injury on September 1 and then aggravated it again Saturday.
He has 16 homers and a solid .838 OPS in 76 games since missing all of May and part of June with a hamstring injury, although Stanton’s overall production is down 130 points of OPS from 2012 and he’s slugging below .500 for the first time.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)