Sep 10, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
X-rays were negative, so Giancarlo Stanton is back in the Marlins’ lineup tonight after sitting out Sunday and Monday with a foot injury.
Stanton initially suffered the injury on September 1 and then aggravated it again Saturday.
He has 16 homers and a solid .838 OPS in 76 games since missing all of May and part of June with a hamstring injury, although Stanton’s overall production is down 130 points of OPS from 2012 and he’s slugging below .500 for the first time.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 7
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 159
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 20
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (172)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)