Sep 10, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas reports that the Rangers are calling it a minor injury and for now at least Darvish is expected to make his next start, but the cramping forced him from the eighth inning of a 1-0 game after just 81 pitches and he previously had similar cramping issues in a start last month.
He’s scheduled to face the A’s on Saturday afternoon, which is about as important as a start can get.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (93)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)