Sep 10, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas reports that the Rangers are calling it a minor injury and for now at least Darvish is expected to make his next start, but the cramping forced him from the eighth inning of a 1-0 game after just 81 pitches and he previously had similar cramping issues in a start last month.
He’s scheduled to face the A’s on Saturday afternoon, which is about as important as a start can get.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 4
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 18
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 8
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)