Sep 10, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas reports that the Rangers are calling it a minor injury and for now at least Darvish is expected to make his next start, but the cramping forced him from the eighth inning of a 1-0 game after just 81 pitches and he previously had similar cramping issues in a start last month.
He’s scheduled to face the A’s on Saturday afternoon, which is about as important as a start can get.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)