Sep 10, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
A radio station in Tampa has launched a campaign to “Save Tampa Bay Baseball.” It’s a general petition/awareness campaign thing with vague ideas of alerting Bud Selig and anyone who matters that there are baseball fans in the Bay Area and dadgummit they don’t want to lose the Rays.
Which, OK, radio stations do that sort of thing. But here I thought the problem for the Rays was that they were locked into their Bay Area ballpark, not that they’re thinking of going. Makes me wonder why the campaign isn’t aimed at fans to actually, you know, go to more Rays games. Because the team is kinda stuck at the moment.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)