Sep 10, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
A radio station in Tampa has launched a campaign to “Save Tampa Bay Baseball.” It’s a general petition/awareness campaign thing with vague ideas of alerting Bud Selig and anyone who matters that there are baseball fans in the Bay Area and dadgummit they don’t want to lose the Rays.
Which, OK, radio stations do that sort of thing. But here I thought the problem for the Rays was that they were locked into their Bay Area ballpark, not that they’re thinking of going. Makes me wonder why the campaign isn’t aimed at fans to actually, you know, go to more Rays games. Because the team is kinda stuck at the moment.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 1
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 35
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)