Sep 10, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
A radio station in Tampa has launched a campaign to “Save Tampa Bay Baseball.” It’s a general petition/awareness campaign thing with vague ideas of alerting Bud Selig and anyone who matters that there are baseball fans in the Bay Area and dadgummit they don’t want to lose the Rays.
Which, OK, radio stations do that sort of thing. But here I thought the problem for the Rays was that they were locked into their Bay Area ballpark, not that they’re thinking of going. Makes me wonder why the campaign isn’t aimed at fans to actually, you know, go to more Rays games. Because the team is kinda stuck at the moment.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (102)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (84)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)