Sep 10, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
A radio station in Tampa has launched a campaign to “Save Tampa Bay Baseball.” It’s a general petition/awareness campaign thing with vague ideas of alerting Bud Selig and anyone who matters that there are baseball fans in the Bay Area and dadgummit they don’t want to lose the Rays.
Which, OK, radio stations do that sort of thing. But here I thought the problem for the Rays was that they were locked into their Bay Area ballpark, not that they’re thinking of going. Makes me wonder why the campaign isn’t aimed at fans to actually, you know, go to more Rays games. Because the team is kinda stuck at the moment.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17