Sep 10, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Is it Dr. Scott Boras? And would this be news if the agent of any other player was saying he’d be healthy at thus and such a date? I kinda feel like, say, Paul Kinzer’s word about one of his client’s injuries wouldn’t be news, but Boras is a different cat than anyone else. Anyway, Pete Abraham at the Boston Globe reports today that Boras expects Ellsbury to be back for the postseason and possibly even earlier.
It’s all about swelling, not necessarily the fracture. Once the swelling goes down, Boras says Ellsbury will be good to go.
And of course Boras isn’t just saying this as a dispassionate observer. His client, Mr. Ellsbury, stands to be one of the hottest commodities on the free agent market this winter, so having him show the world he’s healthy is in his best interests.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)