Sep 10, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Is it Dr. Scott Boras? And would this be news if the agent of any other player was saying he’d be healthy at thus and such a date? I kinda feel like, say, Paul Kinzer’s word about one of his client’s injuries wouldn’t be news, but Boras is a different cat than anyone else. Anyway, Pete Abraham at the Boston Globe reports today that Boras expects Ellsbury to be back for the postseason and possibly even earlier.
It’s all about swelling, not necessarily the fracture. Once the swelling goes down, Boras says Ellsbury will be good to go.
And of course Boras isn’t just saying this as a dispassionate observer. His client, Mr. Ellsbury, stands to be one of the hottest commodities on the free agent market this winter, so having him show the world he’s healthy is in his best interests.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)