Sep 10, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Is it Dr. Scott Boras? And would this be news if the agent of any other player was saying he’d be healthy at thus and such a date? I kinda feel like, say, Paul Kinzer’s word about one of his client’s injuries wouldn’t be news, but Boras is a different cat than anyone else. Anyway, Pete Abraham at the Boston Globe reports today that Boras expects Ellsbury to be back for the postseason and possibly even earlier.
It’s all about swelling, not necessarily the fracture. Once the swelling goes down, Boras says Ellsbury will be good to go.
And of course Boras isn’t just saying this as a dispassionate observer. His client, Mr. Ellsbury, stands to be one of the hottest commodities on the free agent market this winter, so having him show the world he’s healthy is in his best interests.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)