Sep 10, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Stuff that happened this week in Hardball History: novelties!
The oldest pitcher to win a game for the Red Sox did so with the help of the flutterball, a Hall of Fame closer ended a career built on the then-novel split-fingered fastball and an innovator — with a potential conflict of interest — made efforts to protect players’ melons.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 108
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 259
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (114)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)