Sep 10, 2013, 9:18 AM EDT
Wladimir Balentien is one home run away from Sadaharu Oh’s Japanese record. He hit number 54 this evening.
I have no idea if anyone is trying to pitch around him to prevent him from getting the record — some background on all that here — but if they are good luck. Check out his 54th homer. The pitch was up at head level:
Dude is gonna swing at everything between now and the end of the season. And he’s gonna probably hit it.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)