Sep 11, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
Weird year for Carlos Zambrano. He started the season trying to impress teams pitching in the WBC. Then he signed with the Long Island Ducks. Then he was signed by the Phillies and pitched seven games in their system. But that’s all he’d do before being released. But he’s not done yet, he says:
He wasn’t horrible in the minors. Not great, but not horrible. He wasn’t totally useless for the Marlins last year. A lot of guys worse than him pitch in the bigs. Of course a lot of those guys don’t have temper tantrums and then quit on their teams and stuff. I’m just a guy sitting here speculatin’ on a hypothesis, but that could be the difference.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)