Sep 11, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
Weird year for Carlos Zambrano. He started the season trying to impress teams pitching in the WBC. Then he signed with the Long Island Ducks. Then he was signed by the Phillies and pitched seven games in their system. But that’s all he’d do before being released. But he’s not done yet, he says:
He wasn’t horrible in the minors. Not great, but not horrible. He wasn’t totally useless for the Marlins last year. A lot of guys worse than him pitch in the bigs. Of course a lot of those guys don’t have temper tantrums and then quit on their teams and stuff. I’m just a guy sitting here speculatin’ on a hypothesis, but that could be the difference.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)