Sep 11, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
Weird year for Carlos Zambrano. He started the season trying to impress teams pitching in the WBC. Then he signed with the Long Island Ducks. Then he was signed by the Phillies and pitched seven games in their system. But that’s all he’d do before being released. But he’s not done yet, he says:
He wasn’t horrible in the minors. Not great, but not horrible. He wasn’t totally useless for the Marlins last year. A lot of guys worse than him pitch in the bigs. Of course a lot of those guys don’t have temper tantrums and then quit on their teams and stuff. I’m just a guy sitting here speculatin’ on a hypothesis, but that could be the difference.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17