Sep 11, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The workout went well and Mets manager Terry Collins told Rubin that Wright has been cleared to run the bases again on Thursday. If everything continues to go smoothly, Wright could be back in the Mets’ starting lineup by the middle of next week.
The 30-year-old was hitting .309/.391/.512 with 16 homers and 54 RBI in 105 games before the injury.
The Mets are 15-21 since he was placed on the disabled list.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)