Sep 11, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
The workout went well and Mets manager Terry Collins told Rubin that Wright has been cleared to run the bases again on Thursday. If everything continues to go smoothly, Wright could be back in the Mets’ starting lineup by the middle of next week.
The 30-year-old was hitting .309/.391/.512 with 16 homers and 54 RBI in 105 games before the injury.
The Mets are 15-21 since he was placed on the disabled list.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)