Sep 11, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
The workout went well and Mets manager Terry Collins told Rubin that Wright has been cleared to run the bases again on Thursday. If everything continues to go smoothly, Wright could be back in the Mets’ starting lineup by the middle of next week.
The 30-year-old was hitting .309/.391/.512 with 16 homers and 54 RBI in 105 games before the injury.
The Mets are 15-21 since he was placed on the disabled list.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)