Sep 11, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The workout went well and Mets manager Terry Collins told Rubin that Wright has been cleared to run the bases again on Thursday. If everything continues to go smoothly, Wright could be back in the Mets’ starting lineup by the middle of next week.
The 30-year-old was hitting .309/.391/.512 with 16 homers and 54 RBI in 105 games before the injury.
The Mets are 15-21 since he was placed on the disabled list.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)