Sep 11, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Ian Kinsler is limited to designated hitter duties today because of an injury, which apparently stems from last night’s game, but when asked for details the Rangers second baseman declined to provide any answer other than to insist it’s minor.
Or as Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas writes: “He said the injury is somewhere above the ankle and below the neck.” Use your imagination, I suppose.
“Everyone has problems this time of year,” Kinsler told Willis. “I just have to manage it and make sure it doesn’t get any worse than it is.”
“It” being, of course, I dunno, whatever you want “it” to be.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (133)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)