Sep 11, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler is limited to designated hitter duties today because of an injury, which apparently stems from last night’s game, but when asked for details the Rangers second baseman declined to provide any answer other than to insist it’s minor.
Or as Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas writes: “He said the injury is somewhere above the ankle and below the neck.” Use your imagination, I suppose.
“Everyone has problems this time of year,” Kinsler told Willis. “I just have to manage it and make sure it doesn’t get any worse than it is.”
“It” being, of course, I dunno, whatever you want “it” to be.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)