Sep 11, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler is limited to designated hitter duties today because of an injury, which apparently stems from last night’s game, but when asked for details the Rangers second baseman declined to provide any answer other than to insist it’s minor.
Or as Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas writes: “He said the injury is somewhere above the ankle and below the neck.” Use your imagination, I suppose.
“Everyone has problems this time of year,” Kinsler told Willis. “I just have to manage it and make sure it doesn’t get any worse than it is.”
“It” being, of course, I dunno, whatever you want “it” to be.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)