Sep 11, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto threw 60 pitches of live batting practice to Reds teammate this morning and afterward pronounced himself “ready” to come off the disabled list following nearly three months on the sidelines with a lat injury.
As for whether he’ll resume starting or move to the bullpen, Cueto told John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer:
I don’t know. It depends on what they’re going to do–the front office, the GM. They’re all going to sit down together. I don’t know what they’re going to do. I feel good. I feel ready. That’s their problem now. I’ll do whatever they want.
Tony Cingrani leaving last night’s game with more back problems could increase Cueto’s odds of stepping back into the rotation and all 158 of his career appearances for the Reds have come as a starter.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)