Sep 11, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Justin Upton had to leave last night’s Braves-Marlins game after fouling a ball off his knee. With Jason Heyward already out due to a busted jaw, the Braves really don’t need another outfielder out of commission. It seems they may be OK on that score, though:
Justin Upton left tonight’s game with a right knee bruise. He’s day-to-day.
— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) September 11, 2013
Upton said after the game that he could go on Wednesday if he had to. Fredi Gonzalez may keep him out of the lineup anyway just to be safe.
On the year Upton is hitting .259/.353/.462 with 24 homers and 64 driven in.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)