Sep 11, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Justin Upton had to leave last night’s Braves-Marlins game after fouling a ball off his knee. With Jason Heyward already out due to a busted jaw, the Braves really don’t need another outfielder out of commission. It seems they may be OK on that score, though:
Justin Upton left tonight’s game with a right knee bruise. He’s day-to-day.
— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) September 11, 2013
Upton said after the game that he could go on Wednesday if he had to. Fredi Gonzalez may keep him out of the lineup anyway just to be safe.
On the year Upton is hitting .259/.353/.462 with 24 homers and 64 driven in.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17