Sep 11, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Justin Upton had to leave last night’s Braves-Marlins game after fouling a ball off his knee. With Jason Heyward already out due to a busted jaw, the Braves really don’t need another outfielder out of commission. It seems they may be OK on that score, though:
Justin Upton left tonight’s game with a right knee bruise. He’s day-to-day.
— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) September 11, 2013
Upton said after the game that he could go on Wednesday if he had to. Fredi Gonzalez may keep him out of the lineup anyway just to be safe.
On the year Upton is hitting .259/.353/.462 with 24 homers and 64 driven in.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)