Sep 11, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Justin Upton had to leave last night’s Braves-Marlins game after fouling a ball off his knee. With Jason Heyward already out due to a busted jaw, the Braves really don’t need another outfielder out of commission. It seems they may be OK on that score, though:
Justin Upton left tonight’s game with a right knee bruise. He’s day-to-day.
— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) September 11, 2013
Upton said after the game that he could go on Wednesday if he had to. Fredi Gonzalez may keep him out of the lineup anyway just to be safe.
On the year Upton is hitting .259/.353/.462 with 24 homers and 64 driven in.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)