Sep 11, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Justin Upton had to leave last night’s Braves-Marlins game after fouling a ball off his knee. With Jason Heyward already out due to a busted jaw, the Braves really don’t need another outfielder out of commission. It seems they may be OK on that score, though:
Justin Upton left tonight’s game with a right knee bruise. He’s day-to-day.
— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) September 11, 2013
Upton said after the game that he could go on Wednesday if he had to. Fredi Gonzalez may keep him out of the lineup anyway just to be safe.
On the year Upton is hitting .259/.353/.462 with 24 homers and 64 driven in.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 62
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)