Sep 11, 2013, 9:46 AM EST
“Hopefully he’s a Yankee,” Levine said. “Nobody is a re-sign at all costs, but we want him back and we feel good about negotiating something with him. But nobody is a re-sign at any cost.”
One does not become the president of a baseball team by saying things like “oh, man, if we don’t sign THAT guy we’re toast!” of course, so the comments make sense given the impending free agent negotiations. I’m guessing Yankees fans, however, feel like Cano is a must-have guy.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)