Sep 11, 2013, 7:03 PM EST
Both Yadier and brother Bengie (the Cardinals’ assistant hitting coach) will not be at Busch Stadium on Wednesday due to what manager Mike Matheny described as a family situation. No further details were provided by the Cardinals, and there was no assurance that both Molinas would be back tomorrow.
Tony Cruz will start at catcher against the Brewers.
Yadi is batting .318/.358/.479 with 11 home runs and 65 RBI in 121 total games this season and the Cardinals are 71-44 in games started by him. So, uh, hopefully the situation isn’t too serious.
St. Louis is currently a half-game up on Pittsburgh in the National League Central standings.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)