Sep 11, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
Both Yadier and brother Bengie (the Cardinals’ assistant hitting coach) will not be at Busch Stadium on Wednesday due to what manager Mike Matheny described as a family situation. No further details were provided by the Cardinals, and there was no assurance that both Molinas would be back tomorrow.
Tony Cruz will start at catcher against the Brewers.
Yadi is batting .318/.358/.479 with 11 home runs and 65 RBI in 121 total games this season and the Cardinals are 71-44 in games started by him. So, uh, hopefully the situation isn’t too serious.
St. Louis is currently a half-game up on Pittsburgh in the National League Central standings.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)