Sep 11, 2013, 7:03 PM EST
Both Yadier and brother Bengie (the Cardinals’ assistant hitting coach) will not be at Busch Stadium on Wednesday due to what manager Mike Matheny described as a family situation. No further details were provided by the Cardinals, and there was no assurance that both Molinas would be back tomorrow.
Tony Cruz will start at catcher against the Brewers.
Yadi is batting .318/.358/.479 with 11 home runs and 65 RBI in 121 total games this season and the Cardinals are 71-44 in games started by him. So, uh, hopefully the situation isn’t too serious.
St. Louis is currently a half-game up on Pittsburgh in the National League Central standings.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 25
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 282
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)