Sep 11, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
Both Yadier and brother Bengie (the Cardinals’ assistant hitting coach) will not be at Busch Stadium on Wednesday due to what manager Mike Matheny described as a family situation. No further details were provided by the Cardinals, and there was no assurance that both Molinas would be back tomorrow.
Tony Cruz will start at catcher against the Brewers.
Yadi is batting .318/.358/.479 with 11 home runs and 65 RBI in 121 total games this season and the Cardinals are 71-44 in games started by him. So, uh, hopefully the situation isn’t too serious.
St. Louis is currently a half-game up on Pittsburgh in the National League Central standings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 4
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 38
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)