Austin Romine making progress from concussion

Sep 12, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT

Yankees's Romine is examined by Yankees staff and manager Girardi after getting hit in the helmet by a foul ball off the bat of Orioles' Jones during the eighth inning of their MLB American League baseball game in Baltimore Reuters

Yankees catcher Austin Romine suffered what manager Joe Girardi described as a “slight concussion” after he was hit in the mask by a foul tip on Tuesday night, but he’s already making some progress.

According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, Girardi is hopeful that Romine will be able to return this weekend against the Red Sox. However, he’ll have to pass an ImPACT concussion test in order to meet that goal.

“Every day I keep waking up it’s a lot better,” Romine said before his teammates completed a four-game series with the Orioles on Thursday. “I’m not feeling as much of the symptoms. The headache’s gone. My neck’s not sore. But there’s still some stuff I need to take care of.”

Romine, 24, is batting just .207/.255/.296 with one home run and 10 RBI in 60 games this season. He was in a 3-for-27 slide prior the concussion. Chris Stewart and J.R. Murphy are currently handling catching duties.

1. proudlycanadian - Sep 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Time to call up Cervelli! Oh, never mind!

• bigharold - Sep 13, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Really? What baseball team will you be rooting for in October? Certainly not the Beavermen Nine.

• theskinsman - Sep 13, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Now Harold, you and Proudly should sit together this October,have a beer and watch the good teams play baseball.

• theskinsman - Sep 13, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Now that is going to leave a mark!

2. joshuabasham459 - Sep 13, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Since I started fre+lancing I’ve been bringing in $90 bucks/h… I sit at home and i am doing my work from my laptop. The best thing is that i get more time to spent with my family and with my kids and in the same time i can earn enough to support them… You can do it too. Start here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>http:\\q­ℛ­.net/kW2a

• anxovies - Sep 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM

You can make big bucks by trolling baseball sites? There are some here who might be interested.

A managerial overanalysis epidemic