Sep 12, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
All of us who are convinced that Matt Harvey should go get Tommy John surgery yesterday should probably remind ourselves that it’s not ALWAYS a routine thing. Take Brandon Beachy who hasn’t been able to get right this year:
Beachy said today he’s not where he wants to be. Had played some catch earlier this week. Elbow still giving him some discomfort.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) September 12, 2013
Beachy has pitched in five games this year and he’s now likely done for the season.
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 39
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 84
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)