Sep 12, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
UPDATE: Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News passes along word that Gardner indeed left the game with a left oblique strain. That’s not good.
Gardner led off the game and struck out looking before being replaced by Curtis Granderson in center field in the bottom half of the inning. Curry notes that the speedy outfielder grabbed at his left side after the check-swing strike three, which raises the possibility of an oblique injury. That would obviously be a tough injury at this point of the season, but we should know more soon.
Gardner, 30, is batting .273/.344/.416 with eight home runs, 52 RBI and 24 stolen bases in 145 games this season.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Of course, experience is education too, and based on that I’m quite sure that even the most intelligent Marlins fan would be justified in being confused and thinking the organization has no clue whatsoever.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:44 PM EDT
No. 2 overall pick in the 2009 draft behind Stephen Strasburg.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Carlos Correa has shortstop covered for a while.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:07 PM EDT
Defeat from the jaws of victory and then they got all wet.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Nava hit .303 in 134 games for the Red Sox in 2013, playing a key role in the team’s World Series title.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
It’s like we’re in Philly all over again.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
He’s signed through 2019.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
This is a big trade. At least in mass.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Jul 30, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Who else needs a veteran closer?
Jul 30, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have their ace and now have their sights set on catching the Yankees.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:52 AM EDT
Bidding war, baby!
Jul 30, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Money? Health? And what the hell is a “hip doctor” anyway?
Jul 30, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“If I wait to be 100 percent, it’s going to be season-ending.”
Jul 30, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
We should totally have live “Jeopardy!”
Jul 30, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Houston made a run at him.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:56 AM EDT
A playoff rotation of Kershaw, Greinke and Price would be reDONKulous.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
The Cardinals may be small market, but they’re certainly not small revenue.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Moss is hitting just .217/.208/.487 this season but he has a line of .254/.340/.504 over the previous three years.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 55
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 99
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 70
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)