Sep 12, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Encarnacion hit off a tee today and said that his wrist feels a lot better now that it did on Sunday and Monday. He’s scheduled to take batting practice tomorrow and could return this weekend against the Orioles if all goes well.
The Blue Jays sit at 67-78 on the year, so they are basically playing out the string at this point, but there is incentive for Encarnacion to make it back for the final couple of weeks of the season. The 30-year-old is four home runs away from his second straight 40-homer campaign.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)