Sep 12, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Encarnacion hit off a tee today and said that his wrist feels a lot better now that it did on Sunday and Monday. He’s scheduled to take batting practice tomorrow and could return this weekend against the Orioles if all goes well.
The Blue Jays sit at 67-78 on the year, so they are basically playing out the string at this point, but there is incentive for Encarnacion to make it back for the final couple of weeks of the season. The 30-year-old is four home runs away from his second straight 40-homer campaign.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 35
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 4
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)