Sep 12, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Encarnacion hit off a tee today and said that his wrist feels a lot better now that it did on Sunday and Monday. He’s scheduled to take batting practice tomorrow and could return this weekend against the Orioles if all goes well.
The Blue Jays sit at 67-78 on the year, so they are basically playing out the string at this point, but there is incentive for Encarnacion to make it back for the final couple of weeks of the season. The 30-year-old is four home runs away from his second straight 40-homer campaign.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)