Sep 12, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Melky Cabrera was no precedent it seems.
Jhonny Peralta is working out with the Tigers and will rejoin the team for the playoffs. So too Nelson Cruz and the Rangers, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. Though he’s at the team’s complex in Arizona, not with the team yet.
Cruz is eligible to return from his 50-game suspension at the start of the postseason. Given that he was hitting .269/.330/.511 with 27 home runs and 76 RBI in 108 games before then, the Rangers could certainly use him.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 18
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 100
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (100)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)