Sep 12, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Melky Cabrera was no precedent it seems.
Jhonny Peralta is working out with the Tigers and will rejoin the team for the playoffs. So too Nelson Cruz and the Rangers, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. Though he’s at the team’s complex in Arizona, not with the team yet.
Cruz is eligible to return from his 50-game suspension at the start of the postseason. Given that he was hitting .269/.330/.511 with 27 home runs and 76 RBI in 108 games before then, the Rangers could certainly use him.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)