Sep 12, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Melky Cabrera was no precedent it seems.
Jhonny Peralta is working out with the Tigers and will rejoin the team for the playoffs. So too Nelson Cruz and the Rangers, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. Though he’s at the team’s complex in Arizona, not with the team yet.
Cruz is eligible to return from his 50-game suspension at the start of the postseason. Given that he was hitting .269/.330/.511 with 27 home runs and 76 RBI in 108 games before then, the Rangers could certainly use him.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 41
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 50
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 93
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)