Sep 12, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Melky Cabrera was no precedent it seems.
Jhonny Peralta is working out with the Tigers and will rejoin the team for the playoffs. So too Nelson Cruz and the Rangers, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. Though he’s at the team’s complex in Arizona, not with the team yet.
Cruz is eligible to return from his 50-game suspension at the start of the postseason. Given that he was hitting .269/.330/.511 with 27 home runs and 76 RBI in 108 games before then, the Rangers could certainly use him.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 63
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)