Sep 12, 2013, 9:20 AM EST
Melky Cabrera was no precedent it seems.
Jhonny Peralta is working out with the Tigers and will rejoin the team for the playoffs. So too Nelson Cruz and the Rangers, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. Though he’s at the team’s complex in Arizona, not with the team yet.
Cruz is eligible to return from his 50-game suspension at the start of the postseason. Given that he was hitting .269/.330/.511 with 27 home runs and 76 RBI in 108 games before then, the Rangers could certainly use him.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 26
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 54
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)