Sep 12, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Trevor Hoffman became the all-time saves leader in San Diego (at least for a time), converting 552 of his 601 career saves for the Friars. And when he, presumably, goes into the Hall of Fame he’ll do so wearing a Padres cap. Now he’ll have Padres business cards:
#Padres appoint legend Trevor Hoffman to the role of Upper Level Pitching Coordinator & Special Asst. to the GM.
— San Diego Padres (@Padres) September 12, 2013
Hoffman had his number 51 retired by the Padres a couple of years ago. Presumably he’ll be breaking that out in spring training and as he travels to Tucson and San Antonio and places like that.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)