Sep 12, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Trevor Hoffman became the all-time saves leader in San Diego (at least for a time), converting 552 of his 601 career saves for the Friars. And when he, presumably, goes into the Hall of Fame he’ll do so wearing a Padres cap. Now he’ll have Padres business cards:
#Padres appoint legend Trevor Hoffman to the role of Upper Level Pitching Coordinator & Special Asst. to the GM.
— San Diego Padres (@Padres) September 12, 2013
Hoffman had his number 51 retired by the Padres a couple of years ago. Presumably he’ll be breaking that out in spring training and as he travels to Tucson and San Antonio and places like that.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 0
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15