Sep 13, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Somehow missed this when I made my morning rounds (blame the Midwest bias) but Hanley Ramirez had to leave the Giants-Dodgers game last night with a strained hamstring.
It was the same hamstring that bothered him in May and cost him a month. As it was, he was taken out of the game in the seventh inning for “precautionary” reasons according to the Dodgers. He wouldn’t talk to reporters about it afterward.
Ramirez is obviously key to the Dodgers’ offensive attack. He’s hitting .342/.390/.634 on the season in 79 games. If he’s out for a while it’s the Nick Punto show. Which is not quite as threatening to opposing pitchers.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 47
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 34
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)