Sep 13, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Somehow missed this when I made my morning rounds (blame the Midwest bias) but Hanley Ramirez had to leave the Giants-Dodgers game last night with a strained hamstring.
It was the same hamstring that bothered him in May and cost him a month. As it was, he was taken out of the game in the seventh inning for “precautionary” reasons according to the Dodgers. He wouldn’t talk to reporters about it afterward.
Ramirez is obviously key to the Dodgers’ offensive attack. He’s hitting .342/.390/.634 on the season in 79 games. If he’s out for a while it’s the Nick Punto show. Which is not quite as threatening to opposing pitchers.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)