Sep 13, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Somehow missed this when I made my morning rounds (blame the Midwest bias) but Hanley Ramirez had to leave the Giants-Dodgers game last night with a strained hamstring.
It was the same hamstring that bothered him in May and cost him a month. As it was, he was taken out of the game in the seventh inning for “precautionary” reasons according to the Dodgers. He wouldn’t talk to reporters about it afterward.
Ramirez is obviously key to the Dodgers’ offensive attack. He’s hitting .342/.390/.634 on the season in 79 games. If he’s out for a while it’s the Nick Punto show. Which is not quite as threatening to opposing pitchers.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)