Hanley Ramirez has “mild left hamstring tightness”

Sep 13, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT

Hanley Ramirez Getty Getty Images

Somehow missed this when I made my morning rounds (blame the Midwest bias) but Hanley Ramirez had to leave the Giants-Dodgers game last night with a strained hamstring.

It was the same hamstring that bothered him in May and cost him a month. As it was, he was taken out of the game in the seventh inning for “precautionary” reasons according to the Dodgers. He wouldn’t talk to reporters about it afterward.

Ramirez is obviously key to the Dodgers’ offensive attack. He’s hitting .342/.390/.634 on the season in 79 games. If he’s out for a while it’s the Nick Punto show. Which is not quite as threatening to opposing pitchers.

1. onbucky96 - Sep 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Wow, HanRam is hurt? NEVER saw that coming.

2. senioreditor2 - Sep 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM

29 years old and has missed major portions of 2 of the past 3 seasons. Hanley is a very good player, but he wants a long term deal……….would you give it to him? I’m a longtime Dodger fan but I think I’d move him and go younger and more durable. His value should be pretty good after the numbers he put up this year. Just my opinion………………

3. darthicarus - Sep 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM

If there’s ever a surgery developed for hamstring replacement it shall be known as the HanRam. Pitchers can have their Tommy John, everyone else will get the HanRam.

4. mikhelb - Sep 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM

After watching Hanley cry yesterday when he was taken due to his injury I can only applaud Jeter and his fortitude last season when his season ended with a fracture and even asked his manager to allow him to exit the game all by himself, but he was unable to move.

5. yankeepunk3000 - Sep 13, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I would like one hamram. extra tears. Dodgers will probally Give him a 3 year deal fuvk it they have the money. Let em spend like a whore on wallstreet! takes away from the Yankee hate which I’m glad of

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5494)