Sep 13, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Somehow missed this when I made my morning rounds (blame the Midwest bias) but Hanley Ramirez had to leave the Giants-Dodgers game last night with a strained hamstring.
It was the same hamstring that bothered him in May and cost him a month. As it was, he was taken out of the game in the seventh inning for “precautionary” reasons according to the Dodgers. He wouldn’t talk to reporters about it afterward.
Ramirez is obviously key to the Dodgers’ offensive attack. He’s hitting .342/.390/.634 on the season in 79 games. If he’s out for a while it’s the Nick Punto show. Which is not quite as threatening to opposing pitchers.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)