Sep 13, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Brisbee does it over at SB Nation, and it’s hard to quibble with the least likable part of his list. People love to hate the successful teams, the rich teams and especially the rich and successful teams. And I think he is right on the money when it comes to the general vibe of the fandom having an impact too. Check out his comment about the Cardinals alleged Best Fans in Baseball. Had me nodding.
I don’t know if the teams on the other end of the spectrum are best described as “most likable,” though. I think teams fall into three categories: (1) your team; (2) teams you hate; and (3) teams you rarely if ever think about. The Mariners never hit my radar screen and are probably the least offensive to me at all, but that doesn’t make me like them even a little bit.
Anyway, the list is still a good one. As long as everyone who reads it realizes and acknowledges that my rooting interests are superior to yours. And as long as you all feel the same way in turn.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)