Sep 13, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Brisbee does it over at SB Nation, and it’s hard to quibble with the least likable part of his list. People love to hate the successful teams, the rich teams and especially the rich and successful teams. And I think he is right on the money when it comes to the general vibe of the fandom having an impact too. Check out his comment about the Cardinals alleged Best Fans in Baseball. Had me nodding.
I don’t know if the teams on the other end of the spectrum are best described as “most likable,” though. I think teams fall into three categories: (1) your team; (2) teams you hate; and (3) teams you rarely if ever think about. The Mariners never hit my radar screen and are probably the least offensive to me at all, but that doesn’t make me like them even a little bit.
Anyway, the list is still a good one. As long as everyone who reads it realizes and acknowledges that my rooting interests are superior to yours. And as long as you all feel the same way in turn.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)