Sep 13, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Brisbee does it over at SB Nation, and it’s hard to quibble with the least likable part of his list. People love to hate the successful teams, the rich teams and especially the rich and successful teams. And I think he is right on the money when it comes to the general vibe of the fandom having an impact too. Check out his comment about the Cardinals alleged Best Fans in Baseball. Had me nodding.
I don’t know if the teams on the other end of the spectrum are best described as “most likable,” though. I think teams fall into three categories: (1) your team; (2) teams you hate; and (3) teams you rarely if ever think about. The Mariners never hit my radar screen and are probably the least offensive to me at all, but that doesn’t make me like them even a little bit.
Anyway, the list is still a good one. As long as everyone who reads it realizes and acknowledges that my rooting interests are superior to yours. And as long as you all feel the same way in turn.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)