Sep 13, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
Last season Strasburg threw his final pitch on September 7, as the Nationals shut him down for the stretch run and postseason after he logged 159 innings in his first full year back from Tommy John surgery. This season Strasburg has thrown 170 innings–with a 2.96 ERA and the fourth-best strikeout rate in the league–and there were no plans to shut him down.
UPDATE: Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com reports that “Strasburg felt the forearm tightness … during a bullpen session” and manager Davey Johnson indicated that he was working on a new pitch at the time.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40